This recipe is superbly nice. The one dish that can give you the feel that you are back home, reaLLY back home. Sometimes I feel like i have wandered too far, and back home is where i want to be...
Wanna try? Here's the recipe.
1. Tofu(white)10 pcs standard small ones, cubed to 1/4" x 1/2" x 1/4".
2. One bunch of small prawns.
3. A little of pork, thinly sliced.
4. Garlic and Onions chopped and grated.
5. Coriander leaves.
6. Scallion / "chung".
8. Tapioca starch a little bit.
1. Peel off the skin for all the prawns, then set aside for use later.
2. Heat some oil in the wok.
3. Stir fry the garlic and onion mixture first.
4. Then put in the sliced pork. (You could skip putting pork if you want, is just a matter of preference).
5. Then put in the prawns.
6. Stir fry until everything is starting to get changed color.
7. Dump in the taufoo. Stir fry it, but be a bit careful not to smash the taufoo too much.
8. Put in the salt, a little bit of ajinomoto, and water so it floods it.
9. Close the lid so that it steams the tofu a bit.
10. One pinch of tapioca flour and mix with a bit water to create the thickened liquid. Open the lid and pour over it.
11. Put in the coriander leaves and the "chung".
12. Stir a bit, then quickly serve on a nice enclosed container / plate. Voila!