I learnt some dishes today, and I want to record it down, so in case there is a need later, I will be able to retrieve this "pei kap" and use it.
1 piece of bitter gourd (find those that is not too green)
1 pc salty Egg = Hamdan
4 pcs chicken egg
Salt little bit
1. Cut the bitter gourd into half along the long axis.
2. Slice into thin layers, around 1 to 2 mm thick if possible.
3. Then sprinkle little bit of salt into the pan full of sliced bitter gourd.
4. In the meantime, take the salty egg and crack it open into a bowl.
5. Use a knife / spoon to smash the salty egg yolk into tiny bits.
6. Then crack open the 4 chicken eggs together, and stir until well mixed, then put aside.
7. Wash the sliced bitter gourd with water, and drain.
8. Heat the wok without oil.
9. Then throw inside the sliced bitter gourd. Stir fry until is starting to look dry.
10. Then add 1 to 2 spoonful of oil by the side in a circular motion. This is for the egg not to stick later.
11. Pour inside the eggs mixture.
12. Turn to low heat.
13. Turn the eggs over so that the other side is also cooked. Do not wait until the color become brown. Just turn and turn.
I think the recipe is missing something. I need to find out what is that. Mum tells me there is a better version from the restaurant that has prawns, with some very delicious sauce too. Until then, this is the best that I know. biTTer gourd fRieD eEGs reciPE...Version 0.0