pork ribs 1 kg
rice 4 mugs
mixed beans, carrots shredded 100g
egg 3 nos
dry red chili 10g
big red onion 4 pcs shredded
small red onion
chili/curry powder 5 tbsp
soy sauce 3 tbsp
dark soy sauce - a bit
salt - sprinkle until enough
sugar - little bit less than salt amount
five spice powder - 1/2 tbsp
1. Chop the pork ribs into small pieces, not too small, around 1 inch long by 3/4 inch wide each
2. Boil the water in a deep pan.
3. While waiting water to boil, wash the rice and start to cook the rice. Less water than the usual, coz the water content to be kept a bit low. The rice should be a bit hard, not too soft.
4. Cut the garlic and small onion and put aside.
5. When water starts boiling, "FLY" the pork ribs into the hot water for 20 to 30 seconds to remove the smell and to tender the meat.
6. Take the meat out and put aside, drain out the water.
7. Oil the deep pan / wok. Let it heat until very hot.
8. Slide in all the pork ribs in. Smoke and fire may ignite on top of the pan like a campfire, but fear not, it wont last long.
9. Spread all the ribs across the pan evenly. Do not stir. Wait until the underside becomes brown and medium burnt.
10. Flip over the ribs one by one to ensure all ribs surface are not left uncooked.
11. Stir fry for 1 minute to ensure all surface are evenly browned.
12. Take out the ribs onto a plate, and drain out the excess oil.
13. Oil the wok again, heat it up, and put in the shredded small onion and garlic.
14. When aroma come out, before it is burnt, put in the ribs, stir fry.
15. Sprinkle inside all the shredded big onions, carrots, beans, chili and stir fry for a while.
16. Season with salt, sugar, pepper, black soy sauce, five spice powder and the chilli powder.
17. Then put in water bit by bit and continue to stir fry.
18. Dump in a bowl of water, enough to cover 3/4 of the meat. Wait for it to boil and then close the lid.
19. The while thing will boil off the water, when 80% of the water level has boiled off, remove the lid and stir again.
20. At the same time fry 3 wallet eggs and set aside using a small pan.
21. By this time the rice should have cooked, open the cover, and scrap the rice.
22. Transfer all the pork ribs together with the sauce and the wallet eggs into the rice cooker.
23. Mix and mix with the rice evenly.
24. Close the rice cooker's lid and go to take a bath for 20 minutes.
25. Turn off the rice cooker, and take out the bowl and serve on the table.
26. Enjoy the food!
27. LIMITED edition version 2 is complete!
Note: Do not cook this for the next 1/2 year coz this is a limited edition after all. I mean, what's the point of naming it this way if it is not LIMITED?